South Amercian & Mexican food at home has never been so easy. No more toiling over the oven for hours - take some Magills pulled beef add a few simple ingredients, plenty of limes & your favourite hot sauce and you've got fantastic street style tacos in a flash.
- Magills Slow-Cooked Pulled Beef
- 6 -8 Small soft Flour Tortillas
- 1 Tin Black Beans - drained. Reserve the liquid.
- 1 rasher Vandy's Bacon - finely chopped
- Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 medium Onion - finely chopped
- 1/4 cup red Capsicum - finely chopped
- 1/2 red Chilli finely chopped [optional]
- 1 garlic Clove - minced
- 1heaped tsp ground Cumin [or to taste]
- 1 Sweet Corn on the cob [frozen is fine]
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 1/2 cups warm cooked white Rice* [*cook your rice with a generous teaspoon of salt for extra authentic flavour]
- Fresh Lime Wedges
- One red Chilli Sliced [optional]
- Toasted Sesame seeds
- Fresh Coriander
- Pickled Jalapenos to serve
- Your favourite hot sauces - we prefer Culley's
For The Beans
First, on a BBQ or cast iron grill or char grill the sweet corn on all sides until marked. Cut off kernels with a sharp knife and set aside.
In a heavy based pan over medium heat, fry the bacon in a little oil until crispy. Add the onions, capsicum and sauté until translucent.
Next add the garlic, chilli and cumin and stir gently until you can smell it - about one minute. Add the beans and about 1/4 cup of their liquid. Stir to combine and gently heat for a few minutes, adding a little extra liquid if it dries out.
Add the grilled sweet corn to the beans and gently fold to combine. Set aside. Heat the Magills Pulled Beef as per packet instructions.
Gently heat your flour tortilla on a dry cast iron pan or, often we are in a hurry so just use the microwave for this.
In the centre of your tortilla, add a small spoonful of rice, some of the black beans and then some hot Magills pulled beef.
Sprinkle over some torn coriander, toasted sesame seeds and chopped fresh chilli or jalapenos. Top with your favourite hot sauce with plenty of lime wedges on the side.